CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

NEW BLOG

We are using a NEW BLOG for 2012. Check it out at LIVINLIFETHEMAYLINWAY.BLOGSPOT.COM

I am playing catch up with this blog and am just adding random things I missed so that I can print it and have it as a "journal" if you will. So don't mind all the random old posts here, but check out the other for all the new stuff!

Lovin Life!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Holi Festival of Colors

Before Pictures

After Pictures :)


Now for the story! Every year at the Buddhist Krishna Temple, in Spanish Fork, they have this thing called the Holi Festival of Colors!!!! It's a celebration of diversity, spring, and love! I've always wanted to go. So this year we did! Thousands of people come to participate in the festival as you can see from the picture! Everyone is just there to have fun and spread love! It's awesome! When we first got there we walked over to where the band was playing and just started dancing and this lady and her little boy came up and started sprinkling colors all over us! :) It must be the only place where it is acceptable for strangers to come up and just throw stuff on you :) Within a couple of minutes we were covered from head to toe in colors! Hence.... the festival of colors! :)
That's me crowd surfing, YAY!!!
Here are a few colorful family photos!

Marjie and Steve came with us and I was so happy! I never get enough time to spend with my closest friends but it was so nice to have one of my very best friends with me to celebrate love and friendship!





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qt-42eGLuU&feature=player_embedded

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Holi excitement! I'm so glad that you guys all got to go and have fun together, and celebrate love and friendship. What a great festival! And i bet the tubby tub tub was a cool color afterward :). I am stoked to see you all! Just a couple more days...

Anonymous said...

My arm pits were purple that night!! HA HA!