CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

NEW BLOG

We are using a NEW BLOG for 2012. Check it out at LIVINLIFETHEMAYLINWAY.BLOGSPOT.COM

I am playing catch up with this blog and am just adding random things I missed so that I can print it and have it as a "journal" if you will. So don't mind all the random old posts here, but check out the other for all the new stuff!

Lovin Life!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Traditions of July 24th

Well we weren't able to be with fam for the 4th of July so the 24th is second best! :) We still got to fling around those traditional sparklers and light up a bunch of fireworks.
And what do you know, Utah legalized bottle rockets too. Well Jake and everyone were showing me how you just light them and shoot them into the sky straight from your hand! And I thought, "what do you know? That's pretty darn cool." Unbeknown to me, some of it shoots back as the rest shoots foreward, it's like a little kick if you will! Well that little kick of sparks landed right in my hair and caught it right on fire!!! Jake ran straight over to me and starts hitting me trying to put it out. I barely even had time to realize what was happening :) Ha ha. My hair didn't get scortched too bad, just one little section! Thanks to Jakes quick reflexes! (Jake, I owe you my life) :) And that's probably why bottle rockets have been illegal for so long. It was only after that, that they explained the name of the firework. They are meant to be fired from a bottle for that very reason. Ha, who knew? :) Well now I definitely do!!! And though my life almost flashed before my eyes, all is well! :) ha ha. Just another one of those "close calls" to add to the list! But really, we had a real good time, doesn't it sound like it? :) Plus it was Zoey's first time participating in this family tradition! And she didn't want to miss a thing!!! (See pic below) The brightness was too much for most to handle, but not for Zoey she stayed glued to the brightness of it ALL!!! Boy that was fun! 

 
 
See look at those eyes, you'd swear they were glued open! :)
Once again, she wouldn't look away from the bright fireworks for a second! :)
 
Sparkler tradition time! 
 
Yes that is Zoey on my hip. I know!!! I am teaching her young all about fire safety! Cause obviously I am the pro! The one who caught herself on fire! Hey, just call me Lord of the Flame :)


No comments: