CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

NEW BLOG

We are using a NEW BLOG for 2012. Check it out at LIVINLIFETHEMAYLINWAY.BLOGSPOT.COM

I am playing catch up with this blog and am just adding random things I missed so that I can print it and have it as a "journal" if you will. So don't mind all the random old posts here, but check out the other for all the new stuff!

Lovin Life!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dublin, Ireland

Our first sight of IRELAND!!!
These are the ladies we stayed with in Ireland! Natalie is on the left and Leah is on the right. David is Leah's husband and he was cool too but he was at work when we took this picture! :( They were spunky and really fun to hang out with! They were very helpful with making sure we saw the best of Ireland. We had a really good time and they were so nice! We barely got any sleep though cause we stayed up talkin the nights away! Good times!
This is their place. All the doors in Ireland are different colors! They are really proud of it. Their are post cards everywhere that say "the Doors of Ireland" and then show all different color doors. Their door was red.
A local taxi :) (It's free but they expect a tip)
St. Patrick's Cathedral!



Here is the Church of Christ Cathedral!





One of the coolest things we did was go to the Jail. The history of Ireland's fight for Independence is very intriguing. I won't tell you the whole story but I'll just tell you this... they have only been a free and independent country since 1922.
This is the newer section of the jail.



The older section of the jail A symbol of the last man executed for fighting for independence in 1916!
So we went on a tour to through a couple of cities but the main one was Glendalough.
The most beautiful spot in Ireland, it's a small town on the way to Glendalough.

Thought we'd have some fun while everyone was grabbing a bite to eat, since we didn't do that often on our trip! :)

Here is the actual city of Glendalough. It was an old worshiping town.



Driving through the country side!

Look at all the fun sheep! :)
Most random and funny sign we saw our whole trip!
Bar hopping! My favorite part of Ireland was the music! I bought a bunch of CD's but it's just not the same! I love Irish music, so it was a sweet experience to listening to traditional Irish music in Ireland!


Somehow I've always been able to do this, and no my feet aren't touching anything! It's the one weird talent I have.
Downtown Dublin

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you are posting pics of your trip. They are all so beautiful and interesting (I'm reading every caption, I'll have you know!). Ireland looks absolutely beautiful.

Bonnie said...

I really enjoyed being able to enjoy the trip through your pictures!